Carli Dodge Commuter 2.0 System
In Sage Carli’s own words after the final test ride:
"It was the best on-road ride of any Dodge truck in which he’s ridden; and yes, that’s with an add-a-pack in the rear"
Carli Commuter 2.0 Dodge Ram Suspension System
Dubbed "The in-town driver's dream", this system was designed, built and tuned for the truck who keeps it on the pavement. This shock project is specially focused for trucks that do not go off-road, doing everything in-town and on the free-way smoother. Tuning time was focused on suburban ride quality, in-town manoeuvrability and control, free-way expansion joints and sharp highway bumps.
For an even better ride you can upgrade to the full leaf replacements (highly recommended for the 10-12 3500 trucks) and the Torsion Sway Bar.
Your truck will sit 2.5”-3” higher in the front (year/cab configuration dependent) with 50% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 1” via Carli’s progressive add-a-pack. The Progressive Add-A-Pack replaces the factory overload with a 5-Leaf, progressive pack that changes the final rate of the spring pack keeping the rear planted while increasing traction and predictability.
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, we offer two options (unless 1994-2002, then there’s only one); extended, Sway Bar End Links or the replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The End links are equipped with ½” FK Rod-Ends and in-house machined 17-4 stainless bodies that are extended over stock to reset the sway bar engagement points. Factory pillow-bushings are re-used to assemble the sway bar to the lengthened link. Carli’s optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8” FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension (in close competition with the full progressive leaf spring upgrade).
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver’s side ¾” and back toward the cab ½”. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application. We also recommend the purchase of a set of extended control arms to shift the axle forward to its new center of travel.
Wheels and Tires
This system will fit up to a 35” tire with stock control arms (we recommend purchasing our extended, Mild Steel Control Arms) on wheels with 5.75-6” of backspacing. If running factory wheels, we recommend an All Terrain 35” tire to avoid rubbing. For 37” tire fitment, our High-Clearance Control Arms and Adjustable Track Bar can be paired to a wheel with 5.75” of Backspacing. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter. For more details, see our article on wheel and tire selection and tire pressures: HERE
Carli / Fox Shock technology:
- The most wheel travel out of any bolt-on suspension system
- Custom tuned the ride quality
- The Fox 2.0 IFP shock was blueprinted using our system specifications and comes with our custom on-road shock tune.
- Fox 2.0 IFP Front and Rear Shocks
- Billet shock tower spacers
- Multi-Rate Coil Springs
- Zinc Plated U-Bolts
- Stainless Sway Bar End Links With F.K. Bearings
- Adjustable Track Bar
- High Misalignment Spacers
DODGE RAM FITMENT GUIDE:
- 03 - 12 2500 / 3500 4x4 Also fits 2013 2500 but not 13 3500's
- 06 - 09 1500 Megacab 4x4
- 05 - 12 Power Wagon (Sway Bar end links not required or included. Add-A-Leafs not compatible)
- 98.5 - 02 2500 / 3500 4x4 (requires track bar conversion bracket)
- 94 - 98 2500 / 3500 4x4 (requires track bar conversion bracket)
- CS-DC20-03-D | 2003-09 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
- CS-DC20-10-D | 2010-12 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
- CS-DC20-94 | 1994-98 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
- CS-DC20-985 | 1998.5-02 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel
Altered Vehicle Characteristics:
- 2.75" of front lift (varies slightly with different cab configurations)
- 1" of rear lift (varies slightly with different cab configurations and the amount of stock spacers installed)
- Level Ride
Notes for 2010+ trucks:
Some of the 2010+ trucks use larger 12mm threaded hardware as opposed to the 10mm threaded hardware on most trucks. You will need to confirm what version your truck uses by checking the hex nut size on the top of your factory end link. If it uses an 18mm socket then you have the 12mm version. If the nut is a smaller 15 or 16mm nut then you will need the standard 2010+ end links.
- Wheels - Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 4.5" of Backspacing on 6" Systems
- Tires - 37", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- Recommended Configuration - Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- Torsion Sway Bar - Selection of the Torsion Sway Bar Replacement will not Require size selection as the entire sway bar assembly is replaced.
- Fitting 37" Tires
Sway Bar Options
- Sway Bar End Links
- Machined out of 17-4 Stainless Steel
- FK Bearing, Chromoly Rod-End
- Relocates and drops the front sway bar for fit and correct geometry
- Eliminates End Link bind which could lead to premature failure
- CS-DEL-94 | 1994-1998 Dodge Sway Bar End Links
- CS-DEL-985 | 1998.5-2009 Dodge Sway Bar End Links
- CS-DEL-10 | 2010-2013 Dodge 10mm End Links (15mm Nut Size)
- CS-DEL-12 | 2010-2013 Dodge 12mm End Links (18mm Nut Size)
- 2003-2013 Torsion Sway Bar | CS-DTSB3-03
- Easily the Best "Bang for the Buck" Upgrade for ride qualityy
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up Control
- Heavy duty chromoly arms and end links with 5/8 race series heim joints
Rear Lift Leaf Options
Although it is possible to order this kit with neither of these options, it is HIGHLY recommended that you do choose one of these options in order for this kit to perform as expected.
- Replaces Rear, lower overload spring for increased ride quality
- Provides 1.0" of lift
- The O.E.M. load capacity is still maintained while improved ride is achieved
- Diesel specific configuration (AAM 11.5 Axle)
- CS-DPAP-94 | 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Add-A-Packs
- CS-DPAP-03-D | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Add-A-Packs
- Full Spring Pack
- Softens initial spring rate at ride height
- Minimizes Axle Wrap/Wheel Hop
- Reduces Payload 15% From Stock 2500
- Capable of 15" of Suspension Travel
- CS-DFSP-94 | 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Full Spring Pack
- CS-DFSP-03-D | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Full Spring Pack
- CS-DFSP-03-D-HD | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Full Spring Pack (For Trucks with 1,500lbs. In the Bed at all times)
- CS-DFSP-10-D | 2010-2013 Dodge Ram Full Spring Pack
- CS-DFSP-10-D-HD | 2010-2013 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty Full Spring Pack (For Trucks with 1,500lbs. In the Bed at all times)
Control Arm Options
- Extended Control Arms
- Re-centers front axle on 3" Suspension Systems
- Offset body for more tire clearance
- CS-CA-MS14-94 | 1994-1998 Dodge Ram Control Arms with 12mm/14mm Joints
- CS-CA-MS16-94 | 1994-1998 Dodge Ram Control Arms with 14mm/16mm Joints
- CS-CA-MS-03 | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram Control Arms
- CS-CA-MS-10 | 2010-2013 Dodge Ram Control Arms
- High Clearance Extended Control Arms
- Re-centers front axle on 3" Suspension Systems
- Offset body more than Extended Control Arms for even more tire clearance!
- CS-DFCA-03 | 2003-2009 Dodge Ram High Clearance Control Arms
- CS-DFCA-10 | 2010-2013 Dodge Ram High Clearance Control Arms