AMP Research 2017 SuperDuty F-250/F-350/F-450 PowerSteps
GETTING INTO YOUR TRUCK SHOULDN’T FEEL LIKE CLIMBING MOUNT EVEREST. That’s why AMP Research invented POWERSTEP™, the automatic, electric-powered running board that instantly extends when you open your door, and then hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close for improved ground clearance, aerodynamics and appearance. Its handsome design, all-weather performance and legendary reliability set the industry standard. Ditto its industry-leading 5-year/60,000-mile warranty.
Invented, engineered and built in America, AMP Research PowerStep™ have been tested and proven in long-term, real-world, driving conditions performing flawlessly in snow, ice, dust, mud and dirt. The lightweight, yet rock-solid running board and rugged die-cast linkage components are crafted in the USA of aircraft-quality aluminum, black-anodized and PTFE coated for maximum corrosion protection. Precision, stainless-steel hinge points and bearings ensure trouble-free action. And the heavy-duty electric motor is designed and tested to provide reliable, maintenance-free operation for decades.
AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP INCREASES FUEL EFFICIENCY
There are few topics more rampant and heavily discussed than soaring gas prices, and the effect they have on today’s trucks & SUV’s. Since aerodynamic drag and weight are two critical factors that impact fuel efficiency, truck owners are now seeking ways to reduce these variables. The AMP Research PowerStep™ can do both, and still allow you to maintain the convenience and safety of full-length running boards that automatically deploy for optimal ingress and egress
Reducing the overall weight of your vehicle can also help improve gas mileage. AMP’s high-strength aluminum steps weigh 10-20% less than typical OEM running boards or aftermarket steel tube steps.
AERODYNAMICS UNDER THE VEHICLE
AMP’s PowerStep™ running boards work automatically and improve safety and comfort while entering and exiting your truck. They are activated by your truck’s factory door sensors and extend within a few seconds when you open the door. Closing the door automatically retracts the PowerStep™ into the rocker panels, eliminating the drag produced by traditional stationary running boards. AMP’s PowerStep™ technology has been utilized as a factory option since 2003.
TUCK AND RUN
Automotive News reports on the importance of aerodynamics in new truck design: Ford and other manufacturers (under AMP license) offer power-operated running boards that deploy when the doors open and tuck back under the body when the doors close. The Lincoln Navigator first offered power running boards in 2003, and others have figured out that there’s no need for those air-grabbers to hang out in the wind.
- automatic power-deploying running boards
- low-profile integrated led light system – standard
- high-strength, die-cast aluminum-alloy components with an anodized and ptfe coated, military-spec finish to resist corrosion
- precision stainless-steel pivot pins for rock-solid stability
- maintenance-free, self lubricating bushings for all-weather performance
- extruded aluminum steps with full-length internal ribs for rock-solid stiffness, rigidity and support with a high-texture powder-coat finish for maximum grip and durability
- 600 lb load capacity (each side)
- weatherproof, oem-quality electric motors, drive system and wiring harness
- pressure-sensitive, pinch-proof safety technology
- 5-year/60,000 mile warranty
- designed and built in the United States
- 2017 Ford Super Duty F-250/F-350/F-450