AMP Research 2018 - 19 Ram 2500/3500 All Cabs PowerStep Electric Running Boards (Plug N Play)
GETTING INTO YOUR TRUCK SHOULDN’T FEEL LIKE CLIMBING MOUNT EVEREST. That’s why AMP Research invented POWERSTEP™, the automatic, electric-powered running board that instantly extends when you open your door, and then hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close for improved ground clearance, aerodynamics and appearance. Its handsome design, all-weather performance and legendary reliability set the industry standard. Ditto its industry-leading 5-year/60,000-mile warranty.
Designed and built exclusively in the USA, the genuine AMP Research PowerStep™ seamlessly extends when any door is opened, giving a rock-solid, safe and convenient step up into your truck. When the doors close, it retracts just as smoothly, streamlining the vehicle profile with no loss of ground clearance. The original AMP Research PowerStep™ is proven to perform in severe driving conditions and is backed by a full 5-year/60,000 mile warranty – the best in the business.
- 2018 Ram - 1500/2500/3500
- 2019 Ram - 1500 Classic/2500/3500
- Integrated LED Light System – Standard
- High-strength, die-cast aluminum-alloy linkage arms, anodized and Teflon®
- coated to resist corrosion
- Precision, zero-maintenance stainless-steel pivot pins
- Extruded aluminum steps with a textured powder-coat finish for maximum grip and durability
- 600 lb load capacity (each side)
- Weatherproof, OEM-quality electric motors and wiring harness with sealed weather-tight connectors
- AMP-designed electronic controller employs pressure-sensitive, pinch-proof safety technology
- 5-Year/60,000 Mile Warranty
- Made in USA – The AMP Research PowerStep™ is designed, engineered and exclusively manufactured by AMP Research in America.
AMP RESEARCH POWERSTEP INCREASES FUEL EFFICIENCY
There are few topics more rampant and heavily discussed than soaring gas prices, and the effect they have on today’s trucks & SUV’s. Since aerodynamic drag and weight are two critical factors that impact fuel efficiency, truck owners are now seeking ways to reduce these variables. The AMP Research PowerStep™ can do both, and still allow you to maintain the convenience and safety of full-length running boards that automatically deploy for optimal ingress and egress
Reducing the overall weight of your vehicle can also help improve gas mileage. AMP’s high-strength aluminum steps weigh 10-20% less than typical OEM running boards or aftermarket steel tube steps.
AERODYNAMICS UNDER THE VEHICLE
AMP’s PowerStep™ running boards work automatically and improve safety and comfort while entering and exiting your truck. They are activated by your truck’s factory door sensors and extend within a few seconds when you open the door. Closing the door automatically retracts the PowerStep™ into the rocker panels, eliminating the drag produced by traditional stationary running boards. AMP’s PowerStep™ technology has been utilized as a factory option since 2003.
TUCK AND RUN
Automotive News reports on the importance of aerodynamics in new truck design: Ford and other manufacturers (under AMP license) offer power-operated running boards that deploy when the doors open and tuck back under the body when the doors close. The Lincoln Navigator first offered power running boards in 2003, and others have figured out that there’s no need for those air-grabbers to hang out in the wind.