Carli Dodge Leveling Pintop 2.5 Kit 2014+ 2500 Diesel
This system is designed for the customer who refuses to keep the rubber on the tarmac and has an eye for quality and appreciation for bang-for-their -buck. At the heart of this system is a 2.5” lift, Linear Rate Coil Spring paired to matched travel King 2.5” Remote Reservoir Shocks that have been custom tuned, in house, for superior ride quality and handling both on-road and off. The rear piggyback reservoir shocks are also included with this system and have been custom tuned to maximize the ride quality of the factory rear coil springs. As the rear springs remain unmodified, load capacity is maintained while on and off-road handling and predictability are massively improved. For those that love the way their Ram tows from the factory but don’t want to be limited to a crawl when leaving the pavement, this is the perfect kit.
This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, King 2.5” shocks on all four corners. In an effort to provide customers with the best product, we designed a custom piston to determine proper base flow rates to ensure the shock works well in the heavy duty truck platform; we then tuned the shocks around the custom pistons based on the only thing that matters to us, seat-of-the-pants feel. We round off ALL our King shocks with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King’s standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn’t damaged as they’re not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55* F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that’s replaceable
The included Adjustable Track Bar recenters the axle laterally at the taller ride height, Carli reservoir mounts hold the 9” Remote Reservoirs on display over the front tire and E-Brake Line Relocation Brackets ensure plenty of clearance for the oversized rear shocks. Further, ride quality can be substantially increased with the addition of our Torsion Sway Bar. We recommend a 35” tire on a wheel that’s no more than 9” wide with 5.5”-6” Backspace. An 18” diameter wheel will be best to ensure optimal ride quality (more rubber = better small bump compliance) and an unloaded tire pressure of 45F/40R is recommended. The addition of a Carli Low-Mount Steering Stabilizer is recommended for any tire over factory size.
Note: This system will NOT be upgradeable to any other Carli Suspension Systems. It’s designed to be a solution for customers wanting a quality, bigshock system boasting huge off-road capability, minimal lift and NO reduction in payload or hauling capacity. We recommend slight eccentric bolt compensation to correct caster after the lift as there are no Radius Arm Drops included. For this reason, customers may experience a slight bow in the coil spring. We did not experience a coil bow in any of our test trucks but it’s possible at the 2.5” lift height without a Radius Arm Drop Bracket. A Radius Arm Drop Bracket can be added to alleviate bow and recenter the caster adjustment if bow is encountered. This system will result in tight and responsive, sports-car like handling; the 3” Suspension Systems will ride softer in the rear given the included reduced capacity rear springs.
Carli / King Shock technology:
- Custom tuned the ride quality
- The King 2.5 Remote Reservoir shocks were blueprinted using our system specifications and comes with our custom shock tune
- King Pintop 2.5 Remote Reservoir Front Shocks
- King 2.5 Piggyback Rear Shocks
- Front Remote Reservoir Mounts
- Linear Rate Front Coils
- Adjustable Track Bar
- Rear E-Brake Relocation Tabs
DODGE RAM FITMENT GUIDE:
- CS-DPT25-LVL-14-D | 2014+ Ram 2500 (Coil Rear) 4wd Trucks (will not fit the 3500's)
Altered Vehicle Characteristics:
- 2.5" of front lift (varies slightly with different cab configurations)
- Wheels - Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 5.75" of Backspacing on Leveling Systems
- Tires - 35-37", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- Recommended Configuration - Carli Leveling Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 35", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- Torsion Sway Bar - Selection of the Torsion Sway Bar Replacement will not Require size selection as the entire sway bar assembly is replaced.
Sway Bar Options
- CS-DTSB3-14 - 3" Torsion Sway Bar
- Easily the Best "Bang for the Buck" Upgrade for ride quality
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up Control
- Heavy duty chromoly arms and end links with 5/8 race series heim joints
- CS-DFRA-14 - Fabricated Radius Arms
- 1/4" Cold Rolled Steel
- Internal X-Bracing
- Serviceable Spherical Joints
- Improved ride quality and control
- Quad Wrap Limit Straps & Hardware
In this video, we run over the application for the Leveling Pintop System. It's everybody's kit. There's not a Ram owner out there that wouldn't benefit from the addition of this system as it throws an exponent on the capability of the factory platform with NO downside!