Carli 6" Dodge Pintop 2.5 Radius Arm System
Stainless Steel Shock Shafts Are Now Standard!
6" Radius Arm King 2.5 Pintop Dodge Ram Suspension System
This is something completely new and a unique option for 2003+ Dodge Ram HD owners. A completely bolt-on, radius arm system for Dodge Ram 2500/3500 4x4's. This project wasn't easy, there's a lot to be taken into account.
The Pintop is the Backcountry on steroids, take the description for the Backcountry and throw an exponent on it. This system is our most popular, all around suspension system. It was tuned and rides best with the Full Progressive Leaf Springs.
The Pintop is a Jack-of-all-trades system from which every Ram owner would benefit. Raising the Ram platform then adding the 2.5” diameter shocks will support the argument that these trucks should come equipped with 2.5” shocks from the factory. The higher end systems will get you more off-road capability, yes, and even a bit more on-road. The premium paid for these systems, however, doesn’t compare to the on and off-road ride quality per dollar spent on the Pintop. For these reasons, it will likely remain our best seller for years to come.
The Carli 6” Systems are an entirely different animal than the 3” offerings. There is no entry level; every system is equipped with a custom tuned shock package and Radius Arm Conversion. The longer, flatter links cycle more linear travel and offer a superior ride quality over extending a short arm to work with a 6” front lift. Complete with a Driver’s side axle shock, Carli radius arms allow the axle to roll as to not bind during articulation; think of it as the strength of a radius arm and articulation capability of a 4-Link. Further, the drop brackets that affix the radius arms to the frame bolt on with no modification to the existing, factory control arm brackets (ensuring the truck can be returned to stock). The arms themselves boast “X” bracing internal to their gusseted, clam-shell structure and are constructed with 3” Currie Johnny Joints and an internally gusseted, 2-piece Crossmember making them both serviceable and nearly indestructible.
This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, King 2.5” shocks on all four corners. In an effort to provide customers with the best product, we designed a custom piston to determine proper base flow rates to ensure the shock works well in the heavy duty truck platform; we then tuned the shocks around the custom pistons based on the only thing that matters to us, seat-of-the-pants feel. We round off ALL our King shocks with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King’s standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn’t damaged as they’re not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55* F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that’s replaceable.
Your truck will sit 6” higher in the front with 60% more suspension travel than the factory platform thanks to the taller, lighter rate coil springs. The rear is lifted 4” via the customer’s choice of a Progressive Add-A-Pack/2” Billet Block or Full Progressive Leaf Pack. The Progressive Add-A-Pack replaces the factory overload with a 5-Leaf, progressive pack that changes the final rate of the spring pack keeping the rear planted while increasing traction and predictability. This is then paired with a 2” Billet Carli Block to achieve the 4” rear lift height.
The optional Full Progressive Leaf Pack replaces the entire factory leaf spring assembly increasing travel and drastically increasing comfort throughout the entire usable travel stroke at the cost of a 15% payload reduction from a standard 2500. This payload reduction can be supplemented back to factory capacity with the addition of the Long Travel Airbags (with optional spacer for 6” systems) for the best of both worlds; ride quality and payload capacity/load control. The Full Progressive Leaf Pack requires no block to achieve the 4” rear lift height.
When pairing added travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, we offer two options; Sway bar Drop Bracket + Extended Sway Bar End Links or the Sway Bar Drop Bracket + Replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The End links are equipped with ½” FK Rod-Ends and in-house machined 17-4 stainless bodies that are extended over stock to reset the sway bar engagement points. Factory pillow-bushings are re-used to assemble the sway bar to the lengthened link.
Carli’s optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8” FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension (in close competition with the full progressive leaf spring upgrade).
When lifting a straight axle truck, all linkage, brake lines and bump stops need to be addressed. We include extended stainless brake lines, an adjustable track bar + track bar drop bracket, bump stop drop brackets, drop pitman arm, and recommend the purchase of a carrier bearing drop bracket in the rear for those running a 2-piece driveline.
Sage Carli engineered this system with the customer in mind:
- 100% Bolt-on DIY kit
- No cutting off factory brackets
- No welding (other than for the limit strap tabs)
- Return to stock at any time
- The kit can be transferred/sold complete
- Crossmember designed for easy transmission removal
These were the goals on Sage's plate when he embarked on this project. Before he even got to dimensions, the requirements were to offer a customer-oriented kit. This system was designed for our customers who don't want to cut their chassis, that will take their suspension system with them when they upgrade their truck, install it themselves on their driveway and/or need access their transmission - and wants a great riding, hard working and proven radius arm system.
This system is capable of 13+ inches of wheel travel (more than the stock driveline will allow) and is also capable of full bump to full droop articulation with precise geometry.
Carli's Custom King 2.5 Pintop Shocks
Carli's Pintop 2.5 system is based entirely off of the Performance 2.5 with the exception of the billet shock towers. The same shock, same valve profile, same ride quality and performance. By utilizing the factory shock towers, the cost savings make this an intelligent choice for those of us who don't pound whoops and jump sand dunes, but still want to have incredible off-road characteristics and that signature Carli Suspension street drive.
King Off Road Racing Shock technology
The same internals, design and performance, with different hardware to work in concert with O.E.M. shock towers. This system will deliver the same ride quality as the Performance 2.5, while saving you some coin. By eliminating the Billet shock towers and cold-rolled stud ring, a very expensive machining and coating process is omitted from the system price tag. Enjoy the benefits of King's premier 2.5 external reservoir shocks, and Carli's performance system, with money left over.
Cold Weather Package
This upgrade combines a custom valve profile and an upgrade to Redline low temp synthetic shock fluid. This option is intended to increase the ride comfort in extremely cold temps. We recommend this upgrade for those truck owners who live in climates that can see daytime temps well below zero for days on end. Generally this means customers in Northern Canada and Alaska.
Stainless Steel Shock Shaft Upgrade
This upgrade replaces the standard King chrome plated shock shafts with those constructed from stainless steel. This is a Carli exclusive that offers superior corrosion and rock chip protection.
Wheels and Tires
This system will fit up to a 37” tire on wheels no more than 9” wide with 4.5” of backspacing. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter. For more details, see our article on wheel and tire selection and tire pressures: HERE
- King 2.5 Pintop Remote Reservoir Front Shocks
- King 2.5 Piggyback Reservoir Rear Shocks
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless Shock Shafts
- High Misalignment Spacers
- Reservoir Mounts
- Limit Straps
- 6" Multi Rate Coil Springs
- Zinc Plated U-Bolts
- 2" rear lift blocks
- Radius Arm Conversion Drop Brackets
- Radius Arm Gusset Brackets
- Passenger Side Solid Radius Arm
- Driver Side Articulating Radius Arm
- Stainless Sway Bar End Links With F.K. Bearings
- Sway Bar Drop Brackets
- Front and Rear Bump Stop Drop Brackets
- Front and rear Extended Braided Stainless Steel Brakelines
- Adjustable Chromoly Track Bar
- Track bar drop bracket
Dodge Ram Fitment Guide:
- 2003-2012 2500 / 3500 4x4 Diesel Trucks
- 2013 2500 4x4 Diesel Trucks Please Order the 2012 Kit- Will not fit the 2013 3500's
- 2012 Dualies interested in 6" Radius Arm Systems MUST be checked for traction control. If traction control exists, select the appropriate 2012-13 part number based on end link size. If no traction control exists, please select the appropriate 2010-11 part number based on end link size.
- CS-DPT25-6-03 | 2003-09 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel (Old Part Number: CS-PINTOP-6-03-D)
- CS-DPT25-6-10 | 2010-11 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel (10mm End Links) (Old Part Number: CS-PINTOP-6-10-D)
- CS-DPT25-6-10 | 2010-11 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel (12mm End Links) (Old Part Number: CS-PINTOP-6-10-D-12mm)
- CS-DPT25-6-12 | 2012 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel (10mm End Links) (Old Part Number: CS-PINTOP-6-12-D)
- CS-DPT25-6-12 | 2012 2500/3500 4x4 Diesel (12mm End Links) (Old Part Number: CS-PINTOP-6-12-D-12mm)
Notes for 2010+ trucks:
Some of the 2010+ trucks use larger 12mm threaded hardware as opposed to the 10mm threaded hardware on most trucks. You will need to confirm what version your truck uses by checking the hex nut size on the top of your factory end link. If it uses an 18mm socket then you have the 12mm version. If the nut is a smaller 15 or 16mm nut then you will need the standard 2010+ end links.
Altered Vehicle Characteristics:
- 6" of front lift
- 4" of rear lift
- Level Ride
Shipping Info - These ship on a pallet via truck freight and require an address that can accept freight shipments. Contact us if you have any shipping questions.
- Wheels - Carli Recommends a 17"-18" Wheel, no more than 9" wide with 4.5" of Backspacing on 6" Systems
- Tires - 37", E-Rated Tire Fitment is Recommended. Recommended unloaded Tire Pressure 45F/40R
- Recommended Configuration - Carli 6" Suspension Systems are Designed and Tested on Vehicles with 17"-18" Wheels with 37", E-Rated Tires. Stock wheels and tires or running a larger wheel diameter will result in a stiffer ride.
- Endlinks - 2010-2013 vehicles have 2 possible sizes of Sway Bar End Links. Place a socket on the nut that compresses the rubber End Link bushings; fitment of an 18mm socket will indicate the need for the 12mm Extended End Link.
- Torsion Sway Bar - Selection of the Torsion Sway Bar Replacement will not Require size selection as the entire sway bar assembly is replaced.
- Front Drive Shaft - Front drive shaft MUST be lengthend 2".
- Rear Drive Shaft - Rear Driveshaft must be checked for 1 piece or 2 piece units. It is recommended that 2 piece Driveshafts order a carrier bearing drop, PN# CS-CARRIERDROP-D
- Pitman Arm - A drop pitman arm is REQUIRED for 6" suspension kits. Pitman Arm Selection: [2003-2008: CS-PITMAN6-03]; [2009-2013: CS-PITMAN6-09]
- Steering Linkage - Carli 6" suspension kits MUST run T-style steering linkage. Y-style linkage does not have enough angle of articulation to support the additional lift height and travel.
Sway Bar Options
- CS-DEL6-(10, 12) - 6in 10mm/12mm Extended Sway Bar End Links and Sway Bar Drops
- Machined out of 17-4 Stainless Steel
- FK Bearing, Chromoly Rod-End
- Used on 2010-2013 6" kits that have a factory end link with a 18mm top nut and 10-13 6" Kits that have a 15mm top nut
- NOTE: 2010-2013 vehicles have 2 possible sizes of Sway Bar End Links. Place a socket on the nut that compresses the rubber End Link bushings; fitment of an 18mm socket will indicate the need for the 12mm Extended End Link.
- CS-DTSB6-03 - 6in Torsion Sway Bar
- Easily the Best "Bang for the Buck" Upgrade for ride quality
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up Control
Rear Lift Options
Although it is possible to order this kit with neither of these options, it is HIGHLY recommended that you do choose one of these options in order for this kit to perform as expected.
- CS-DPAP6-03-D - 6in Diesel Add-a-Pack
- Replaces Rear, lower overload spring for increased ride quality
- Diesel specific configuration (AAM 11.5 Axle)
- 3" of lift
- CS-DFSP-6-(03, 10)-D - 6in Diesel Full Spring Pack
- Softens initial spring rate at ride height
- Minimizes Axle Wrap/Wheel Hop
- Reduces Payload 15% From Stock 2500
- Capable of 15" of Suspension Travel
Carrier Bearing Drop
- CS-PITMAN6-09 - 09+ Drop Pitman Arm
- Forged Pitman Arm For Use with 6" Front Suspension Lift
- Must be combined with a track bar bracket of equal Drop
- Fitment: 09-13 Ram 2500. 09-12 Ram 3500, 03-08 Ram 2500 with Larger Mopar Box
Carrier Bearing Drop
- CS-CARRIERDROP-D - Carrier Bearing Drop
- Drop Bracket for 2-Piece Driveshafts
- Adjustable for different cab and bed configurations
- Easy to install, bolts on in seconds